Job requirements Naturopathic Doctor (ND) near Grand Falls-Windsor (NL)

National Occupational Classification update

We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "naturopathic doctor (ND)" was moved from the group Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating (NOC 3125) to the group Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating (NOC 31209).

Find out what you typically need to work as a naturopathic doctor (ND) near Grand Falls-Windsor (NL). These requirements are applicable to all Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating (NOC 31209).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

  • Doctors of podiatric medicine (D.P.M.)
  • A four-year doctoral degree program in podiatric medicine available in the United States and in Quebec, normally following completion of a bachelor's degree program, is required.
  • A medical residency is required in Alberta and British Columbia.
  • A doctor of podiatric medicine (D.P.M.) degree is required to practice podiatry in Quebec, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.
  • Chiropodists and podiatrists
  • An advanced three-year diploma program in chiropody (DCh) obtained in Canada or a first-degree program in podiatric medicine (D.Pod.M.) obtained abroad (United Kingdom) is usually required.
  • A bachelor's degree is required for admission to a doctor of osteopathic medicine program.
  • A four-year program in osteopathic medicine leading to a doctor of osteopathy degree and a minimum three year medical residency are required. These qualifications are obtained in the United States.
  • Completion of certifying examinations of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and licensing by the provincial or territorial licensing authority are required.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.

  • If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
  • If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.

Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Labour Market Information Survey
Date modified: