Job requirements Educational Speech-language Pathologist near Yellowknife (NT)
Find out what you typically need to work as an educational speech-language pathologist near Yellowknife (NT). These requirements are applicable to all Audiologists and speech-language pathologists (NOC 31112).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Audiologists require a master's degree in audiology.
- Speech-language pathologists require a master's degree in speech-language pathology.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required for audiologists and speech-language pathologists in Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia.
- Membership in the national association, Canadian Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists, is usually required.
Professional certification and licensingNorthwest Territories
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: