Job requirements Dance-movement Therapist near Winnipeg (MB)
Find out what you typically need to work as a dance-movement therapist near Winnipeg (MB). These requirements are applicable to all Other professional occupations in therapy and assessment (NOC 3144).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Kinesiologists usually require a master's degree in kinesiology or human kinetics.
- Certification for kinesiologists is available through the Canadian Kinesiology Alliance.
- Sport therapists require a bachelor's degree in sport therapy, or a degree in health sciences with a specialization in sports injury management.
- Art therapists require a bachelor's degree in psychology and a master's degree in art therapy.
- Music therapists require a bachelor's degree in psychology and a master's degree in music therapy.
- Dance therapists require a bachelor's degree in psychology, and usually require a master's degree in art, drama or movement therapy.
- Recreational therapists usually require a bachelor's degree in recreation with a specialization in therapeutic recreation.
- Supervised practical training is usually required for occupations in this unit group.
- Creative or technical ability in the field of specialization is usually required.
- Certification or membership with the appropriate national professional association or provincial counterpart may be required.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: