Job requirements Cardiovascular Perfusion Clinical Instructor in Canada

Find out what you typically need to work as a cardiovascular perfusion clinical instructor in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists (NOC 3214).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

  • Respiratory therapists require the completion of a three-year college, hospital or university degree program in respiratory therapy, including clinical training.
  • Licensing is required for respiratory therapists in Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba and Alberta.
  • Clinical perfusionists require the completion of a respiratory therapy or registered nursing program with a minimum of one year of work experience as a respiratory therapist or registered nurse and Completion of a college or university program in clinical perfusion, including clinical training.
  • Certification with the Canadian Society of Clinical Perfusion is required for clinical perfusionists.
  • Cardiopulmonary technologists require a two-year college diploma in an allied health discipline such as respiratory therapy, nursing diploma, or a university degree in a related science and Completion of a college post-diploma program in cardiovascular technology and additional training in pulmonary technology through courses or supervised on-the-job clinical training.
  • Registration with the Canadian Association of Cardio-pulmonary Technologists (CACPT) may be required.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated in your province or territory.

Table listing provincial regulation requirements
Location Job title Regulation Regulatory body
Alberta Pulmonary Function Technician Regulated Alberta Labour, Occupational Health and Safety
Respiratory Therapist Regulated College and Association of Respiratory Therapists of Alberta
Manitoba Respiratory Therapist (registered) Regulated Manitoba Association of Registered Respiratory Therapists
New Brunswick Respiratory Therapist Regulated New Brunswick Association of Respiratory Therapists
Newfoundland and Labrador Respiratory Therapist Regulated Newfoundland and Labrador Council of Health Professionals
Nova Scotia Respiratory Therapist Regulated Nova Scotia College of Respiratory Therapists
Ontario Respiratory Therapist Regulated College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario
Québec Respiratory Therapist Regulated Ordre professionnel des inhalothérapeutes du Québec
Saskatchewan Respiratory Therapist Regulated Saskatchewan College of Respiratory Therapists

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Labour Market Information Survey
Date modified: