Job requirements Dental Laboratory Assistant near Vancouver (BC)
Find out what you typically need to work as a dental laboratory assistant near Vancouver (BC). These requirements are applicable to all Dental technologists, technicians and laboratory assistants (NOC 3223).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Dental technologists and technicians are required to complete a college program in dental technology or Four or more years of on-the-job training under the supervision of a registered dental technologist or technician.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required for dental technologists and technicians in all provinces except in Manitoba and the territories.
- Dental laboratory assistants usually require secondary school and up to two years of on-the-job training.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: