Job requirements College Of Applied Arts And Technology Instructor in Northwest Territories
Find out what you typically need to work as a college of applied arts and technology instructor in Northwest Territories. These requirements are applicable to all College and other vocational instructors (NOC 4021).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- A bachelor's degree, a college diploma or demonstrated expertise in the field of instruction is required.
- A master's degree in the field of instruction may be required.
- A certificate, diploma or degree in adult education may be required.
- For instructors of trades, completion of apprenticeship training and industry or trade certification are required. Additional courses in teaching or a provincial teaching certificate may be required.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: