Job requirements Construction Manager near Vancouver (BC)
Find out what you typically need to work as a construction manager near Vancouver (BC). These requirements are applicable to all Construction managers (NOC 0711).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- A university degree in civil engineering or a college diploma in construction technology is usually required.
- A master's degree in project management may be required.
- Several years of experience in the construction industry, including experience as a construction supervisor or field superintendent, are usually required.
- Extensive experience in the construction industry may substitute for post-secondary education requirements.
- Professional engineering status or construction trade certification may be required by some employers.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
List of Associations
Associations are organizations that may provide news to its members about networking events, professional development and other common issues for people working in the same industry.
|Vancouver Regional Construction Association||
3636 East 4th Avenue, Vancouver BC, V5M1M3
Phone number 604 - 2943766
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: