Job requirements Instructor, First Aid in Canada

Find out what you typically need to work as an instructor, first aid in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Other instructors (NOC 4216).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

  • Expertise in the field of instruction must be demonstrated.
  • Driving instructors must obtain special licensing as a driving instructor in the province of employment.
  • Certification by the Canadian Yachting Association may be required for sailing and navigation instructors.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated in your province or territory.

Table listing provincial regulation requirements
Location Job title Regulation Regulatory body
Alberta Driving Examiner Regulated Alberta Transportation - Government of Alberta
British Columbia Driving Training Instructor Regulated Insurance Corporation of British Columbia, Driver Training Industry Support
Manitoba Driving Instructor Regulated Manitoba Public Insurance

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Labour Market Information Survey
Date modified: