Job requirements Home Child Care Provider near Prince Albert (SK)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "home child care provider" was moved from the group Home child care providers (NOC 4411) to the group Home child care providers (NOC 44100).
Find out what you typically need to work as a home child care provider near Prince Albert (SK). These requirements are applicable to all Home child care providers (NOC 44100).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school may be required.
- Home child care providers, parent's helpers and foster parents may require completion of a training program in child care or a related field.
- First aid certification and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training may be required.
Source National Occupational Classification
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: