Job requirements Home Child Care Provider in Canada
Find out what you typically need to work as a home child care provider in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Home child care providers (NOC 44100).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school may be required.
- Home child care providers, parent's helpers and foster parents may require completion of a training program in child care or a related field.
- Child care or household management experience may be required.
- Demonstrated ability to perform work is usually required.
- First aid certification and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training may be required.
Professional certification and licensing
We don’t have any data on professional certification requirements. This occupation is not regulated in Canada based on our records.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: