Job requirements Bending Machine Operator near Whitehorse (YT)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "bending machine operator" was moved from the group Metalworking and forging machine operators (NOC 9416) to the group Metalworking and forging machine operators (NOC 94105).
Find out what you typically need to work as a bending machine operator near Whitehorse (YT). These requirements are applicable to all Metalworking and forging machine operators (NOC 94105).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school education may be required.
- Previous experience as a labourer or helper in the same company may be required.
- On-the-job training is usually provided.
Source National Occupational Classification
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: