Job requirements Officer, Security Analysis - Postal Service near Kelowna (BC)
Find out what you typically need to work as an officer, security analysis - postal service near Kelowna (BC). These requirements are applicable to all Security guards and related security service occupations (NOC 6541).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- A college diploma in law and security or police technology may be required.
- Training is provided for airport security guards and establishment-specific training may be provided for security occupations in this unit group.
- Security guards carrying firearms require a licence.
- Armoured car drivers require a Valid Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) and a Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC) for both restricted and non-restricted firearms.
- In Quebec, a permit issued by the Sûreté du Québec is required to work as a private detective or security officer.
- Corporate security officers may require experience as a police officer.
- Private investigators require provincial licensure.
- Responsible beverage service certification is usually required for security staff in establishments serving alcoholic beverages.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: