Job requirements Public Works Grounds Maintenance Labourer Supervisor in the Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region
Find out what you typically need to work as a public works grounds maintenance labourer supervisor in the Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region. These requirements are applicable to all Contractors and supervisors, landscaping, grounds maintenance and horticulture services (NOC 8255).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- A college diploma, specialized courses or industry-related training and certification in landscaping and horticulture are usually required.
- Experience as a landscape or horticulture supervisor or as a landscape or horticulture technician is required.
- Experience in the type of work supervised is required.
- A provincial licence to apply chemical fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides and pesticides may be required.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: