Job requirements Registered Nurse - Extended Class (RN-EC) near Corner Brook (NL)
Find out what you typically need to work as a registered nurse - extended class (RN-EC) near Corner Brook (NL). These requirements are applicable to all Allied primary health practitioners (NOC 31301).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Registered nurses
- Completion of a university, college or other approved registered nursing program is required.
- Additional academic training or experience is required to specialize in a specific area of nursing.
- A master's or doctoral degree in nursing is usually required for clinical nurse specialists, clinical nurses, nursing consultants and nursing researchers.
Professional certification and licensingNewfoundland and Labrador
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: