Job requirements Accounting Assistant in the Windsor-Sarnia Region
Find out what you typically need to work as an accounting assistant in the Windsor-Sarnia Region. These requirements are applicable to all Accounting and related clerks (NOC 14200).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of college or other courses certified by the Certified General Accountants Association of Canada, Canadian Securities Institute or Canadian Bookkeepers Association may be required.
- Some accounting clerks must be bondable.
Professional certification and licensingOntario
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: