Job requirements Chemical Processing Quality Control Technologist near Waterloo (ON)
Find out what you typically need to work as a chemical processing quality control technologist near Waterloo (ON). These requirements are applicable to all Chemical technologists and technicians (NOC 22100).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Chemical technologists usually require completion of a two- or three-year college program in chemical, biochemical or chemical engineering technology or a closely related discipline.
- Chemical technicians usually require completion of a one- or two-year college program in chemical, biochemical or chemical engineering technology.
- National certification for chemical technologists and technicians is available through the Canadian Society for Chemical Technology.
- Certification in chemical engineering technology or in a related field is available through provincial associations of engineering/applied science technologists and technicians and may be required by employers.
- Chemical technologists and technicians are regulated in Quebec and Alberta.
- A period of supervised work experience, usually two years, is required before certification.
Professional certification and licensingOntario
If this occupation is regulated, you may need to get a professional license from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if this occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: