Job requirements Aquaculture Technician in Ontario
Find out what you typically need to work as an aquaculture technician in Ontario. These requirements are applicable to all Biological technologists and technicians (NOC 2221).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of a two- to three-year college program in a field related to agriculture, biology, microbiology, wildlife or resource management is usually required for employment as a biological technologist.
- Completion of a one- to two-year college program in a related field is required for employment as a biological technician.
- Certification with provincial associations is available, but voluntary.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: