Job requirements Senior Consultant, Operations Management in Ontario
Find out what you typically need to work as a senior consultant, operations management in Ontario. These requirements are applicable to all Professional occupations in business management consulting (NOC 1122).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- A bachelor's degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce or a related discipline is usually required.
- A graduate degree in business administration may be required.
- Some establishments may require management consultants to be certified by a provincial management consulting association.
- Certification as a quality auditor may be required for some occupations in this unit group.
- Occupations in health information management consulting may require certification by the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA).
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: