Job requirements Construction Estimator near Drummondville (QC)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "construction estimator" was moved from the group Construction estimators (NOC 2234) to the group Construction estimators (NOC 22303).
Find out what you typically need to work as a construction estimator near Drummondville (QC). These requirements are applicable to all Construction estimators (NOC 22303).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a three-year college program in civil or construction engineering technology or several years of experience as a qualified tradesperson in a construction trade such as plumbing, carpentry or electrical, are required.
- Certification by the Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors is usually required.
Source National Occupational Classification
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: