Job requirements Architectural Technologist in Nunavut
Find out what you typically need to work as an architectural technologist in Nunavut. These requirements are applicable to all Architectural technologists and technicians (NOC 22210).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of a two- to three-year college program in architectural technology or a related subject is usually required.
- Certification in architectural technology or in a related field through provincial associations of architectural or engineering/applied science technologists and technicians may be required by employers.
- A period of supervised work experience, usually two years, is required before certification.
- Membership in the provincial regulatory body is mandatory in British Columbia.
- In Quebec, membership in the regulatory body for professional technologists is required to use the title Professional Technologist.
Professional certification and licensingNunavut
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: