Job requirements Deck Officer - Water Transport near Grand Falls-Windsor (NL)
Find out what you typically need to work as a deck officer - water transport near Grand Falls-Windsor (NL). These requirements are applicable to all Deck officers, water transport (NOC 2273).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of deck officer cadet program from an approved nautical institute or One to three years of experience as a member of a deck crew is required.
- A deck officer certificate of competency, issued by Transport Canada, is required.
- For ship pilots, a ship pilot licence and a master certificate of competency are required.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
|Location||Job title||Regulation||Regulatory body|
Deck Officer - Water Transport near Grand Falls-Windsor (NL) | Job requirements
The Web server is incapable of performing the request. Please try your request again later. Please contact the server’s administrator if this problem persists.