Job requirements Plastic Surgery Specialist near Grand Falls-Windsor (NL)
Find out what you typically need to work as a plastic surgery specialist near Grand Falls-Windsor (NL). These requirements are applicable to all Specialist physicians (NOC 31101).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- A bachelor's degree or in Quebec, completion of a college program and one year of pre-medicine university studies is usually required.
- Graduation from an approved medical school and specific specialty training are required.
- Completion of the certifying examinations of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and licensing by the provincial or territorial licensing authority are required.
- Five to six years of specialty residency training are required.
- Two years of subspecialty training may also be required.
Professional certification and licensingNewfoundland and Labrador
If this occupation is regulated, you may need to get a professional license from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if this occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: