Job requirements Administrative Nutritionist near Toronto (ON)
Find out what you typically need to work as an administrative nutritionist near Toronto (ON). These requirements are applicable to all Dietitians and nutritionists (NOC 3132).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Dietitians require a bachelor's or master's degree in dietetics, nutrition or a related field such as food and nutritional science or biochemistry and A period of supervised practical training.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required in all provinces for dietitians.
- Membership in the national association, Dietitians of Canada, may be required for dietitians to practise.
- Nutritionists usually require similar education and training as dietitians.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required for nutritionists in Nova Scotia, (as a registered dietitian-nutritionist) in New Brunswick, Quebec and Alberta.
- Membership with the national association, Dietitians of Canada, and/or a provincial regulatory body is available for nutritionists who have the same education and practical training as dietitians.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: