Job requirements Medical Sonographer near Saanich (BC)
Find out what you typically need to work as a medical sonographer near Saanich (BC). These requirements are applicable to all Medical sonographers (NOC 3216).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of a three- to four-year program in diagnostic medical sonography or ultrasound technology or Completion of a two- to three-year program in a related allied health field and a one-year post-diploma program in diagnostic medical sonography from an accredited institution are required.
- Registration with the Canadian Association of Registered Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound Professionals and/or the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers is usually required by employers.
- Registration with l'Ordre des Technologues en Radiologie du Québec is required in Quebec.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: