Job requirements Licensed Practical Nurse (L.P.N.) near Fredericton (NB)
Find out what you typically need to work as a licensed practical nurse (L.P.N.) near Fredericton (NB). These requirements are applicable to all Licensed practical nurses (NOC 3233).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of a vocational, college or other approved program for licensed practical nurses is required.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required in all provinces and territories.
- Completion of the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination is required in all provinces and territories except Quebec.
- Operating room technicians require either additional academic training in operating room techniques or on-the-job training.
Professional regulation and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: