Job requirements Activationist - Health Support Services near Saanich (BC)

National Occupational Classification update

We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "activationist - health support services" was moved from the group Other assisting occupations in support of health services (NOC 3414) to the group Other assisting occupations in support of health services (NOC 33109).

Find out what you typically need to work as an activationist - health support services near Saanich (BC). These requirements are applicable to all Other assisting occupations in support of health services (NOC 33109).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

  • Audiometric technicians usually require a specialization in industrial audiometry testing.
  • Orthopedic technologists usually require completion of secondary school and several months of on-the-job training or a college orthopedic technologist program.
  • Registration with the Canadian Society of Orthopaedic Technologists is available and may be required by employers.
  • Ophthalmic assistants require completion of a six to twelve month ophthalmic assistants college program or a minimum of one year of on-the-job training under the supervision of an ophthalmologist, and completion of an approved ophthalmic assistant home study program.
  • Certification by the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology may be required by employers.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.

  • If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
  • If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.

Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Labour Market Information Survey
Date modified: