Job requirements University Professor in the Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region
Find out what you typically need to work as an university professor in the Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region. These requirements are applicable to all University professors and lecturers (NOC 4011).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- A doctoral degree in the field of specialization is required for university professors.
- A master's degree in the field of specialization is required for university lecturers.
- Licences or professional certification may be required for professors teaching future practitioners in certain professionally regulated fields, such as medicine, engineering, architecture, psychology or law.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: