Job requirements Plumber near Toronto, ON
Find out what you typically need to work as a plumber near Toronto, ON. These requirements are applicable to all Plumbers (NOC 7251). Learn more about plumber
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a four- to five-year apprenticeship program or A combination of over five years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses in plumbing is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Trade certification is compulsory in Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Saskatchewan and Alberta and available, but voluntary, in Newfoundland and Labrador, Manitoba, British Columbia, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified plumbers upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
Some occupations require certification from a regulatory authority. Certification can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the certification is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practice the occupation and use its professional designation.
- If the certification is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practice this occupation.
|Location||Job title||Regulation||Regulatory body|
|Ontario||Plumber||Regulated (compulsory)||Ontario College of Trades|
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobilitys website to learn more.
- Date modified: