Job requirements Boilermaker in Canada

Find out what you typically need to work as a boilermaker in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Boilermakers (NOC 72103).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

  • Completion of secondary school is usually required.
  • Completion of a three- to four-year apprenticeship program or a combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses in boilermaking is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
  • Trade certification is compulsory in Nova Scotia, Quebec and Alberta and available, but voluntary, in all other provinces.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated in your province or territory.

British Columbia

Job title Boilermaker (Construction Boilermaker)


Job title Boilermakers
Regulatory body: Apprenticeship Manitoba

Nova Scotia

Job title Boilermaker


Job title Construction Boilermaker
Regulatory body: Ontario College of Trades


Job title Boilermaker
Job title Tank, Boiler And Related Equipement Assembler
Regulatory body: Emploi Québec

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Labour Market Information Survey
Date modified: