Job requirements Social Services Program Officers Supervisor near Sherbrooke (QC)
Find out what you typically need to work as a social services program officers supervisor near Sherbrooke (QC). These requirements are applicable to all Social policy researchers, consultants and program officers (NOC 41403).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- A bachelor's degree or college diploma in a social science or related discipline, or in business administration is usually required.
- A master's degree in a social science or related discipline or in business administration may be required.
- Home economists require a bachelor's degree in home economics, home economics education, human ecology, nutrition and food sciences or family and consumer studies.
- Registration is available, but voluntary, for home economists but the use of the designation Professional Home Economist is regulated in New Brunswick, Ontario, Manitoba and Alberta, and Registered Professional Home Economist in British Columbia.
- Registration with the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council is required for regulated Canadian immigration consultants.
Professional certification and licensingQuébec
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: