Job requirements Social Services Program Officers Supervisor in Canada

Find out what you typically need to work as a social services program officers supervisor in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Social policy researchers, consultants and program officers (NOC 41403).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

  • A bachelor's degree or college diploma in a social science or related discipline, or in business administration is usually required.
  • A master's degree in a social science or related discipline or in business administration may be required.
  • Home economists require a bachelor's degree in home economics, home economics education, human ecology, nutrition and food sciences or family and consumer studies.
  • Registration is available, but voluntary, for home economists but the use of the designation Professional Home Economist is regulated in New Brunswick, Ontario, Manitoba and Alberta, and Registered Professional Home Economist in British Columbia.
  • Registration with the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council is required for regulated Canadian immigration consultants.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated in your province or territory.

Table listing provincial regulation requirements
Location Job title Regulation Regulatory body
Alberta Home Economists Regulated Alberta Human Ecology and Home Economics Association (AHEA)
Manitoba Home Economist Regulated Manitoba Association of Home Economists
New Brunswick Home Economist Regulated New Brunswick Home Economics Association (NBHEA)

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Labour Market Information Survey
Date modified: