Job requirements Program Supervisor, Sports, Recreation And Leisure near Port Hawkesbury (NS)

Find out what you typically need to work as a program supervisor, sports, recreation and leisure near Port Hawkesbury (NS). These requirements are applicable to all Recreation, sports and fitness policy researchers, consultants and program officers (NOC 4167).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

  • A university degree in recreation administration, sports administration, physical education, kinesiology or related discipline combined with some work experience in a related field or a college diploma in a recreation, sports or fitness program combined with some experience in a related field is required.
  • Recreation, sports and fitness program supervisors require experience as program leaders or instructors in recreation, sports and fitness. Certification in program specialization, such as fitness or lifesaving, may also be required.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.

  • If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
  • If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Date modified: