Job requirements Early Childhood Educator Assistant near Vancouver (BC)
This is what you typically need for the job.Early childhood educators
- Completion of a two- to four-year college program in early childhood education or A bachelor's degree in child development is required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association for early childhood educators (ECE) is usually required.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Experience in child care is required.
- Completion of an early childhood education assistant certificate program or post-secondary courses in early childhood education may be required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association for early childhood educators (ECE) may be required.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
|Location||Job title||Regulation||Regulatory body|
|British Columbia||Early Childhood Educator||Regulated (compulsory)||Early Childhood Educator Register, Ministry of Children and Family Development of British Columbia|
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: