Job requirements Early Childhood Educator Assistant in Canada
Find out what you typically need to work as an early childhood educator assistant in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Early childhood educators and assistants (NOC 4214).
This is what you typically need for the job.Early childhood educators
- Completion of a two- to four-year college program in early childhood education or A bachelor's degree in child development is required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association for early childhood educators (ECE) is usually required.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Experience in child care is required.
- Completion of an early childhood education assistant certificate program or post-secondary courses in early childhood education may be required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association for early childhood educators (ECE) may be required.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated in your province or territory.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: