Job requirements Early Childhood Educator (ECE) Assistant in the Laurentides Region
Find out what you typically need to work as an early childhood educator (ECE) assistant in the Laurentides Region. These requirements are applicable to all Early childhood educators and assistants (NOC 42202).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Early childhood educator assistants
- Completion of a two- to four-year college program in early childhood education or a bachelor's degree in child development is required.
- Licensing is required in Ontario and certification is required in British Columbia for early childhood educators. Licensing for early childhood educators is usually required in all other provinces and territories.
- Completion of an early childhood education assistant certificate program or post-secondary courses in early childhood education may be required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association as an early childhood educator may be required.
Professional certification and licensingQuébec
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: