Job requirements Art Gallery Curator near Winnipeg (MB)
Find out what you typically need to work as an art gallery curator near Winnipeg (MB). These requirements are applicable to all Conservators and curators (NOC 51101).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Conservators require a master's degree in art conservation or completion of a two-year college program in conservation technology and several years of experience in conservation work.
- Conservators may be accredited by the Canadian Association of Professional Conservators.
- Curators require a master's or bachelor's degree in museology, art history or a field related to their specific area of work.
Professional certification and licensingManitoba
If this occupation is regulated, you may need to get a professional license from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if this occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: