Job requirements Restaurant Purchasing Agent in Canada
Find out what you typically need to work as a restaurant purchasing agent in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Purchasing agents and officers (NOC 1225).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- A bachelor's degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce or economics is usually required.
- Purchasing agents and officers purchasing specialized materials or business services may require a related university degree or college diploma. For example, a bachelor's degree or college diploma in engineering may be required for purchasers of industrial products.
- A certificate in purchasing from the Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC) may be required.
- Previous experience as a purchasing clerk or as an administrative clerk may be required.
- Certification from the International Right of Way Association (IRWA) may be required.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated in your province or territory.
|Location||Job title||Regulation||Regulatory body|
|Alberta||Land Agent||Regulated||Alberta Labour, Land Agent Licensing, Government of Alberta|
|Supply Chain Management Professional||Regulated||Supply Chain Management Association, Sterling Business Centre|
|Manitoba||Certified Professional Purchaser||Regulated||Supply Chain Management Association, Sterling Business Centre|
|Supply Chain Management Professional||Regulated||Supply Chain Management Association, Manitoba|
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: