Job requirements Scenic Constructor - Motion Pictures, Broadcasting And Performing Arts in the Camrose–Drumheller Region
Find out what you typically need to work as a scenic constructor - motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts in the Camrose–Drumheller Region. These requirements are applicable to all Support occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and the performing arts (NOC 53111).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Most occupations in this unit group require completion of college courses in broadcasting, theatre arts or a related field or a period of on-the-job training.
- Certification for projectionists is available, but voluntary, in New Brunswick. In Quebec, projectionists are regulated under operators of electrical machines, cinema equipment.
- Projectionists are required to be licensed by their province of employment.
Professional certification and licensingAlberta
If this occupation is regulated, you may need to get a professional license from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if this occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: