Job requirements Chief Buyer near Vancouver (BC)
Find out what you typically need to work as a chief buyer near Vancouver (BC). These requirements are applicable to all Retail and wholesale buyers (NOC 62101).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- A university degree or college diploma in business, marketing or a related program is usually required.
- Previous work experience in retail or wholesale establishments is usually required.
- Supervisors and senior buyers require experience in the occupation supervised or in a particular merchandise line.
Professional certification and licensingBritish Columbia
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: