Job requirements Travel Consultant near Grande Prairie (AB)
Find out what you typically need to work as a travel consultant near Grande Prairie (AB). These requirements are applicable to all Travel counsellors (NOC 6521).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- A college diploma or vocational training in travel or tourism is usually required.
- Certification with the Canadian Institute of Travel Counsellors (CITC) may be required. This certification is granted after completion of a 60 credit requirement obtained through any combination of work experience, training and education, and successful completion of the advanced exam.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: