Job requirements Travel Consultant in Canada

Find out what you typically need to work as a travel consultant in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Travel counsellors (NOC 64310).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

  • Certification with the Association of Canadian Travel Agencies (ACTA ) may be required.
  • A college diploma or vocational training in travel or tourism is usually required.
  • Completion of secondary school is usually required.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.


Job title Travel Agent


Job title Travel Agent


Job title Travel Agent

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Labour Market Information Survey
Date modified: