Job requirements Snowmobile Operations Guide near Saanich (BC)
Find out what you typically need to work as a snowmobile operations guide near Saanich (BC). These requirements are applicable to all Outdoor sport and recreational guides (NOC 64322).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Knowledge of a particular terrain or body of water, demonstrated ability in the guided activity and relevant licences and certifications are required for employment in this group.
- Hot air balloon pilots require completion of 10 hours of ground school, 16 hours of pilot-in-command experience and a Balloon Pilot Licence issued by Transport Canada. Additional hours of pilot-in-command experience may be required by some employers.
- Certification in first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) may be required.
Professional certification and licensingBritish Columbia
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: