Job requirements Food And Beverage Server near Calgary (AB)
Find out what you typically need to work as a food and beverage server near Calgary (AB). These requirements are applicable to all Food and beverage servers (NOC 65200).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- An apprenticeship program for food and beverage servers is available, but voluntary, in Quebec and Saskatchewan.
- Sommeliers may require courses in wine selection and service or experience as a formal waiter/waitress.
- Formal waiters/waitresses may require completion of a one- or two-year apprenticeship program or college or vocational school courses.
Professional certification and licensingAlberta
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: