Job requirements Technical Director - Motion Pictures, Broadcasting And Performing Arts in British Columbia
Find out what you typically need to work as a technical director - motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts in British Columbia. These requirements are applicable to all Producers, directors, choreographers and related occupations (NOC 5131).
This is what you typically need for the job.Producers, directors and film editors
- A university degree or college diploma in the performing arts, broadcasting, journalism, business administration, theatre production or film studies and Experience in a technical or production occupation in motion pictures, broadcasting or theatre are usually required.
- A university degree or college diploma in dance, or a period of study at a school of dance and Extensive training with a dance company are usually required.
- A university degree or college diploma in music or the recording arts and Experience in a technical or production occupation in the recording arts are usually required.
- A university degree or college diploma in film studies or cinematography and Experience in camera operation or another technical occupation in video or motion picture production are usually required.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: