Job requirements Technical Director - Motion Pictures, Broadcasting And Performing Arts in Canada
Find out what you typically need to work as a technical director - motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Producers, directors, choreographers and related occupations (NOC 51120).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Producers, directors and film editors
- A university degree or college diploma in the performing arts, broadcasting, journalism, business administration, theatre production or film studies and experience in a technical or production occupation in motion pictures, broadcasting or theatre are usually required.
- A university degree or college diploma in dance, or a period of study at a school of dance and extensive training with a dance company are usually required.
- Record producers
- A university degree or college diploma in music or the recording arts and experience in a technical or production occupation in the recording arts are usually required.
- Directors of photography
- A university degree or college diploma in film studies or cinematography and experience in camera operation or another technical occupation in video or motion picture production are usually required.
- Demonstrated creative ability is required for all occupations in this unit group.
Professional certification and licensing
We don’t have any data on professional certification requirements. This occupation is not regulated in Canada based on our records.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: