Job requirements Decorations Painter - Visual Arts in Ontario
Find out what you typically need to work as a decorations painter - visual arts in Ontario. These requirements are applicable to all Painters, sculptors and other visual artists (NOC 5136).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Creative ability and talent, as demonstrated by a portfolio of work, and knowledge of the safe use of materials, tools and equipment are required. Art programs are offered at universities, colleges and private art schools.
- A college diploma in fine arts techniques may be required.
- Art instructors and teachers may be required to have a university degree or college diploma in a field related to art.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: