Job requirements Construction Labourer And Helper near Edmonton (AB)

Find out what you typically need to work as a construction labourer and helper near Edmonton (AB). These requirements are applicable to all Construction trades helpers and labourers (NOC 7611).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

  • Some experience as a general construction labourer may be required for construction trade helpers.
  • Some pipeline workers, such as stabbers, mandrel operators and pre-heater tenders, usually require one season of experience in oil and gas pipeline construction.
  • Flagmen/women may require a traffic control certificate.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.

  • If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
  • If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.

Table listing provincial regulation requirements
Location Job title Regulation Regulatory body
Alberta Asbestos Worker Regulated (compulsory) Alberta Labour, Occupational Health and Safety, Government of Alberta
Construction Craft Labourer Regulated (voluntary) Apprenticeship and Industry Training Office, Government of Alberta

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Date modified: