Job requirements Operator, Scarifier - Silviculture near Rimouski (QC)
Find out what you typically need to work as an operator, scarifier - silviculture near Rimouski (QC). These requirements are applicable to all Silviculture and forestry workers (NOC 8422).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school may be required.
- Completion of a college or other specialized program for silviculture workers or forestry crew workers may be required.
- Formal training in power saw operation and maintenance and several months of on-the-job training are usually provided.
- Experience as a logging and forestry labourer may be required.
- A chemicals application licence is required.
- Workplace hazardous materials information system (WHMIS) and transportation of dangerous goods (TDG) certificates may be required.
- A silvicultural worker's licence may be required.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: