Job requirements Cropsprayer Machine Operator near Steinbach (MB)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "cropsprayer machine operator" was moved from the group General farm workers (NOC 8431) to the group Specialized livestock workers and farm machinery operators (NOC 84120).
Find out what you typically need to work as a cropsprayer machine operator near Steinbach (MB). These requirements are applicable to all General farm workers (NOC 84120).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Specialized livestock workers may require a college certificate or other specialized training in agriculture or livestock husbandry.
- There are no specific education or training requirements for farm machinery operators. However, a college certificate or specialized courses related to farming, such as farm equipment mechanics, agricultural welding and pesticide application, are available.
- Basic farm knowledge, usually obtained from working on a family farm, may be required for employment.
- A course or certificate in first aid may be required.
Source National Occupational Classification
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
|Location||Job title||Regulation||Regulatory body|
|Manitoba||Manure Management Planner||Regulated (compulsory)||Manitoba Institute of Agrologists|
|Nutrient Management||Regulated (voluntary)||Apprenticeship Manitoba|
Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: