Job requirements Cropsprayer Machine Operator in Canada

Find out what you typically need to work as a cropsprayer machine operator in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all General farm workers (NOC 84120).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

  • Specialized livestock workers may require a college certificate or other specialized training in agriculture or livestock husbandry.
  • There are no specific education or training requirements for farm machinery operators. However, a college certificate or specialized courses related to farming, such as farm equipment mechanics, agricultural welding and pesticide application, are available.
  • Basic farm knowledge, usually obtained from working on a family farm, may be required for employment.
  • A course or certificate in first aid may be required.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.


Job title Trainer (horseracing)
Regulatory body: Horse Racing Alberta (HRA)


Job title Manure Management Planner
Job title Pork Production Technician
Regulatory body: Apprenticeship Manitoba


Job title Cattle Inseminator
Job title Farm Machinery Operator
Regulatory body: Emploi Québec
Job title Wood Harvesting Operator
Regulatory body: Emploi Québec
Job title Dairy Farm Worker
Regulatory body: Emploi Québec

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Labour Market Information Survey
Date modified: